May 7, 2014

May Book Haul

Today my boyfriend texted me that I got a package in the mail, I immediately knew it would be my Book Depository order with lots of books that I've been dying to read! So when I got home, the first thing I did was unboxing my new books, made photos and find a nice spot for them in my bookcases. I'm going to show you the books I've bought and a short description.

This is what I've bought:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children) by Ransom Riggs
Ransom Riggs's haunting fantasy bestseller adapted to a graphic novel! As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow-impossible though it seems-they may still be alive.

The Archived (The Archived #1) and The Unbound (The Archived #2) by Victoria Schwab
Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books. Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Fangirl is a coming-of-age story about fan fiction and first love. It focuses on Cath, who has been a fan of the Simon Snow books her entire life. When both Cath and her twin sister go to college, her sister begins to drift away from the fandom and from Cath, and Cath has to learn to exist outside her comfort zone.

City of Bones and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (#1 and #2 in the Mortal Instrument series)
Sixteen-year-old Clary Fray is an ordinary teenager, who likes hanging out in Brooklyn with her friends. But everything changes the night she witnesses a murder, committed by a group of teens armed with medieval weaponry. The murderous group are Shadowhunters, secret warriors dedicated to driving demons out of this dimension and back into their own. Drawn inexorably into a terrifying world, Clary slowly begins to learn the truth about her family - and the battle for the fate of the world.

The Darkest Minds and Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken (The Darkest Minds trilogy)
In the six years since being plucked from her old life and placed in a government-run "rehabilitation camp," the only color that has entered sixteen-year-old Ruby's world is gray of the electric fence surrounding it. The mysterious "Kid-Killer" affliction has left most American children dead, but Ruby is not one of them-she's one of the dangerous ones, the ones who lived.
The ones who developed frightening powers of the mind.

I'm so, so excited to start reading them and I don't know which one to start. Maybe I'll have to start a TBR jar too ;)

2 comments:

  1. These are really good books!!! And the pictures you took are so beautiful to look at <3 really great quality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I can't wait to start them :)

    ReplyDelete