May 31, 2014

May wrap up

This month I've finished a total of 6 books. One of them on my e-reader and one of them is a graphic novel, the first graphic novel I've ever read.


So this is what I've read: 
  • P. C. Cast - Divine by Mistake (Partholon, #1)
  • Cassandra Clare - City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
  • Karin Slaughter - Faithless (Grant County #5) - E-book
  • Ransom Riggs and Cassandra Jean - Miss Peregrine's Home  for Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel
  • Rainbow Rowell - Fangirl
  • Alexandra Bracken - The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)

So, I've started reading Divine by Mistake with the House of Night series in the back of my head, so I thought it was a YA novel. But when I was a little bit more into the book I found out it was an adult novel and I loved it. The female protagonist is super funny and I was pleasantly surprised by this! I'm definitely going to read the rest of the series.

I started to series this month: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare and The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I really enjoyed City of Bones and I can't wait to find out more about this world. I really liked The Darkest Minds too, but I had a bit of a slow start, maybe because I had a lot of questions in the beginning. But I liked the writing and I really enjoyed the book till the end.

Fangirl was lovely. So recognizable and cute. I had a good time reading it. It was a very easy read, very fluffy and I've decided that I want to read more by Rainbow Rowell. It's a welcome variation on all the more 'dark' books I read.

Faithless by Karin Slaughter was exciting. This is a re-read, because I'm re-reading all the books before I start the newest ones. I've read all of them a really long time ago, so I don't remember very much about them. I liked this one very much. Better then the one I've read last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment